Sunday, January 18, 2015

Invoking IP: Review Graphics Done

Hello Invoking IP fans!  For a long time now, I've wanted to get some good examples to review what exactly is and isn't copyrighted.  While I don't have the analysis done yet (and won't for awhile), I've decided I'm going to use some images from Paizo/s Inner Sea World Guide.  Why am I using these?  Well, Paizo makes it a policy to allow public use of their art once it's been posted on their website.  So, I can use these pages to describe what within them is public domain (due to inability to copyright), what is up for fair use, and what is locked content.  Interestingly enough, Paizo allows for use of the art that has been published, but does NOT restrict you from making derivative works.  That's helpful too, because although I'd argue that my slight edits here fall within fair use (education), it's certainly easier to just know that I'm allowed to mark on their art.

Without further ado, here are the pictures I plan on using along with the areas that I'll highlight for discussion:






This website uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Inc., which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This website is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Inc. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visitpaizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Inc. and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment